By no means do I believe resolutions and goals can only be made at the start of a new year! But truly, who doesn't love feeling like they have a fresh start and hitting the do-over button on life? That being said, here are a few little things I want to force myself to conscientiously change this year just to make things a bit more sparkly!
1. Read More Books. I have so many on my wish list I cannot even start. If I could do two per month that would be amazing.
2. Get Organized. I'm already reasonably organized but there's a mean, fat, ugly, green filing cabinet with receipts and random papers that I don't want to throw away but need to be organized or they're basically useless. Also, I'd like to get better at couponing and you have to be insanely organized to do that well!
3. Eat Cleaner. For many reasons but general health and well being mostly.
4. Laugh More. I tend to find the pros and cons of a situation then dwell perhaps a bit too much on what could go wrong. I need to relax and just laugh at myself sometimes.
5. Mail More Birthday Cards. Facebook messages are nice and all but nothing beats the lovely feeling of getting and sending real cards with pastels colors and lots of glitter and stickers!
6. Be Patient. This is something I've ALWAYS loathed about myself. I'm terribly impatient... mostly with people but also when things don't go as scheduled... which leads to slight snappishness sometimes which isn't very ladylike.
7. Exercise More. My goal is at least 4 times a week like Lauren Conrad suggests in her book, 'Beauty' (which YES, I did in fact get for Christmas!)
8. Take Care of My Hair. In the past I've done a lot of at home coloring and trimming of my own bangs which resulted in disaster. I've also only recently started to learn about different types of shampoos and conditioners and realized not all brands are created equal nor does a delicious smell mean it's good for my hair! My resolution is to go to the salon for REGULAR deep conditions + trims + color touch-ups.
9. Make Something New Every Week. And then share it with you all here on the blog as a DIY tutorial!
What are your goals and resolutions for 2013?